Monday, October 1, 2007

Superbaby


I usually like to delude myself into thinking that I'm not one of those mothers who believes that her children are developmentally superior to most other children. But, of course, I am one of these mothers, and Liam's new daycare providers are encouraging my delusions with their glowing reports of his verbal abilities. After being almost silent except for a few grunts and wails at his developmental assessment about one month ago, Liam seems to be adding new "words" to his repetoire on a daily basis. Last week he started vocalizing the word "da-da" very excitedly as his daddy was changing his diaper. Then today, his daycare providers noticed that he said, "Ah-da," after hearing them say "All done." The applause that followed made him very proud, and he continued to repeat the phrase after them. I don't remember Evan showing such verbal prowess before he was 8 months old, but then again that was before the days of my blogging. Now if only we could get him to say mama...

No comments: