Today was a perfect autumn day with the Brothers YZ. The air was crisp, and the sky was blue. Since Mommy does not work on Fridays, we were able to head to Tougas Farm in Northboro for one of the last days of apple picking. Tougas Farm had received "two thumbs up" from the playground moms, and it deserved the rating. It is located on top of a big hill with beautiful views of the foliage. The farm not only has apple orchards, but it also has barnyard, play area, and bakery. All of these activities were made much more enjoyable by the complete lack of crowds that usually accompany the New England tradition of apple picking.
Evan enjoyed showing Liam how to pick Macintosh apples from the trees, the only ones left on the trees this late in the season, and Macoun and Gala apples from the bins. I think we managed to stuff 30 lbs. of apples into the 1/2 bushel bag. Then, it was off to the play area and barnyard. Evan pushed Liam on the baby swing, explored an old tractor, and climbed around huge tires. Both boys were fascinated by the goats which were rather cute and very animated. Evan was a little jealous of the bridge that only the goats were allowed to cross. Liam could not stop laughing at some ducks wh
o were splashing around in a bathtub filled with dirty water. (I wish I could add a soundtrack to the blogspot to capture his amusement.) We wrapped up our adventure with a stop by Daddy's office to take him out to lunch at MickleDonald's, of course.
o were splashing around in a bathtub filled with dirty water. (I wish I could add a soundtrack to the blogspot to capture his amusement.) We wrapped up our adventure with a stop by Daddy's office to take him out to lunch at MickleDonald's, of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment