Monday, October 15, 2007

Do Not Try This at Home

You would not think that an educational book geared toward preschoolers would need a warning, but with Evan's imagination, some of these books do. One such book had a section where animals had the wrong ears, and the reader was asked, "Who has whose ears?" Evan has been fascinated by this mental exercise and always turns to this page in the book first. Then, on the way home from the Cape, he asked me, "Are my ears glued on?" I told him that his ears were attached with his skin. Then, he said "I will need scissors to get them off." I asked him why he wanted to take his ears off, and he told me that he wanted elephant ears instead like the book. Maybe those fears that the Vincent Van Goat from the Baby Van Gogh video with his bandaged ear might be sending mixed messages to kids weren't so far fetched...

No comments: