Saturday, October 27, 2007

Curious George Comes to Holden

This weekend is the grand opening for a new toy store in Holden, and Curious George was on hand to celebrate. Along with every preschooler whose parents insist on public television, Evan is a HUGE fan of that little monkey. When I told Evan that Curious George was coming to Holden, he was hopeful that Curious George would be stopping by the Pioneer House. This morning everytime Finbar reacted to a house Evan would say, "Finbar thinks Curious George is here now." When I asked Evan what he would say to Curious George, he replied, "I like your TV show." The Curious George character was pretty cute as far as these things go, but he was freakishly tall for a monkey. Of course, Evan was a little shy upon meeting Curious George. He seemed to enjoy the visit, but I think he was a little disappointed that he could not play with Curious George like the kids on the TV show.

No comments: