Friday, March 6, 2009

Helmet Boy

Well, at least, he's not a Bubble Boy. Over the past few days, Evan has been insisting on wearing his bicycle helmet for activities that do not require head protection. Yesterday he wore his bicycle helmet on a long walk around the neighborhood. He thought it was a good idea, because he planning to do some running. After a little, I got used to the new look, and I thought the big grins on everyone driving home from work were from his other funny habit on walks. When cars are approaching, he gets as close to the snow bank as he can, and he waves them by.

I think this newfound interest in head protection may stem from some recent accidents resulting in injuries (not serious) to his head. In the course of less than 12 hours yesterday, he fell over a toy and got a split lip and got whacked in the nose with a toy chest and got a bloody nose. Then, there was the incident with the door at the library a few weeks ago.

Today I managed to stop him from wearing the bike helmet to Target and Story Time. It took a lot of convincing. So far he has been injury-free, knock on wood.

No comments: