Wednesday, July 2, 2008

More God

I'm not sure why, but Evan continues to ponder death and God often. Today as we were driving around doing errands, he was talking about Noah's Ark and dinosaurs. He wondered why Noah didn't take any dinosaurs with him on the ark before the flood. It was very difficult to explain that dinosaurs died a long before Noah's time to someone who has no sense of hours, day and years. (Over the weekend, he got very upset when we told it was 3:00 PM afternoon stating, "But I never had a day today!")

Then, he asked, "Where we when the dinosaurs lived on earth?" None of my answers satisfied him so he came up with his own explanation saying, "I think that's when we were still with God." Obviously, I wasn't going to argue with that.

Next unanswerable question--"Why can't I take a picture of God?" Refusing to accept the impossibility of taking a picture of God, he told me, "I'm going to take a flashlight and shine it in the sky until I find God and take His picture."

The conversation then turned to what happened to dinosaur's bodies after death. He doesn't quite comprehend the whole fossil thing that he has heard about in books. That's when I decided to change the subject to swimming lessons and Cars. Enough deep thoughts for one day! My mind was exhausted.

No comments: