
On Saturday, we had Evan's first "kid party." I had been putting off this sort of party as long as I could. Last year Evan was happy with cupcakes at school and a family birthday party, but since he has been to several other "kid parties," I knew I could delay no longer. Fortunately, he has only been to one off-site party so I was able to get away with an expanded play date with hot dogs, cake, and presents in the backyard. I had two activities planned in the event that rain or boredom struck. With some improvements to the backyard including a sandbox built by Grampy and Daddy and water slide given by Grammy and Grampy, we only needed the treasure hunt. My first foray into dairy-free/nut-free baking seemed to go over well. My top two moments of the party were--1. Evan trying to sneak upstairs with Marissa to have a puppet show. 2. Evan demanding that we all sing "Happy Birthday" louder. With no one injured badly and no major temper tantrums or heat stroke, I will call the party a success! As you can see from the pictures of Liam and Cousin H
enry even the youngest guests had a good time.
enry even the youngest guests had a good time.
No comments:
Post a Comment