Monday, February 25, 2008

I Think I'll Homeschool

I'm just kidding, but it has been somuch fun teaching Evan the alphabet, counting, and other basic preschool concepts. (I fear the time when the homework is too hard for me.) He is so eager to learn and has a great attention span for his workbooks and flashcards. He likes to put a crayon behind his ear because "it helps me think better." He has surprised with me with the facility with which he picked up the concept of patterns and opposites last week. I do not remember ever trying to explain these things to him, and he denied learning about them at St. Mary's. He told me that Huckle from Richard Scarry taught him about opposites in his show, Learning Songs, on a VCR tape that was eaten months ago. Let's hope that the thirst for learning continues and is contagious!

No comments: