Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Lucky to Live Here

Wen I was younger, i.e. in my teens and twenties, I would have scoffed at the notion of Central Massachusetts as beautiful. While I don't think I'll ever consider Worcester a real city, I absolutely love living in Holden. I cannot believe how lucky I am to live in the midst of all of these amazing places to hike and enjoy nature all times of the year.

Over the past few weekends, we have visited many of our favorites--the Central Mass Rail Trail, Wachusett Meadow, and this weekend, Moore State Park in Paxton. We are blessed to have children and a dog who love these gems as much as we do. Even if we do have to strongarm them into coats, drag them away from Legos, and force them into the car, Evan and Liam completely embrace all that nature has to offer once we get there. (Cody needs no such tactics to get him to buy into the outing.)

Lately, Evan and Liam especially like sketching the sights even in the cold weather. I cannot wait to revisit Moore State Park in the early summer with the rhodadendrens in bloom. I told the boyz that we could bring the watercolors.

No comments: