Thursday, January 5, 2012

Making the Police Log?

Last night things were a little hectic because Greg is away on business. While I was doing homework with Evan, Liam was playing with the phone. The next thing you know we hear a very loud knock at the door. Following my own Cub Scout lesson, I said, "Who's there?" The reply, "Holden Police. Did someone call 911?"

Evan responded, "I told you that you shouldn't let Liam play with the phone." The police officer was very nice, and Liam acted kind of silly and shy. There was no scolding or yelling from me other than a firm reminder of why to call 911.

A few minutes after he left, Liam started crying hysterically saying over and over again, "I can't believe I did that. I can't stop crying." He was so sad. When he finally stopped, he looked at me with those big blue eyes and said, "I just want to call Daddy." Unfortunately, Daddy was still on the plane.

No comments: