Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What Is Evan Wearing?

Yesterday I had quite the surprise when I opened the envelope with the long-awaited kindergarten class pictures. Instead of the nice blue oxford shirt that Evan was wearing that morning, he was wearing his undershirt. Fortunately, in his class picture, he is not dressed in his underwear, but it makes me wonder why a responsible adult let him take off his shirt for the pictures. He must have been carrying the dress shirt around in the gymnasium where the pictures were taken.

So I will need to battle him on Monday morning to dress up for school for the retakes. (And, he will not be permitted to wear an undershirt.) If Evan had his wishes, he would wear ill-fitting, hand-me-down track suits everyday. And, his idea of color coordination is interesting. If the top and bottom item share one color in common, and it can be a very small amount of a color, then they match. Before school started, I gave in to the track suit uniform and took shopping to choose some new, coordinated, properly sized track suits, but he has not interest in those. Don't even get me started on jeans! In the spirit of increasing his independence and confidence, I have been allowing him to choose his own outfits every day but holidays, Sundays for church, and formal pictures.

Keep your fingers crossed for the re-takes!

No comments: