Sunday, December 13, 2009

Getting in the Christmas Spirit












This weekend the Christmas spirit made its way from Santa's Village to the Pioneer House. It started with the Holiday Fair at Davis Hill School. The PTA sets up a Holiday Fair for the children to do their shopping. I volunteered wrapping the purchases in the morning. I must have wrapped about 100 purchases in three hours. My customers were very busy shoppers with some awkwardly sized items. One girl wanted me to wrap three small presents for her cat individually. Sesveral other kids bought foot high Christmas trees that they wanted wrapped. (We had no boxes or gift bags.) As a fellow mom wrapper said, our gifts look authentically wrapped.

I didn't get a chance to see Evan at the Fair with his fifth grade pal. He did get a lot of shopping done. I sent him with $10 and a list with six people on it. He came back with more than 10 presents and change. He let Finbar have his present, two rawhide candy canes, immediately. Liam was allowed to open his present too. His reasoning--You do not have to wait to open food or handmade presents. I can't wait to see what else is under that wrapping, but at the same time, I have to keep reminding him to keep it a secret.

Then, on Saturday, we got our Christmas tree. After much frustration getting the tree into the tree stand while Evan tried to trim the tree with scissors and Liam crawled all over us, we had a great time decorating the tree. No one loves Christmas decorating more than Evan. Liam thinks that the Christmas balls are all planets.

No comments: