Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Baptizing Henry



Sunday was a very proud day for the Gemborys/McGurin family. Cousin Henry was baptized, and Greg and I were honored to be name godparents. It was a lovely service with all of the family invited to join Henry, parents and godparents at the baptismal font. Unfortunately, there was too much action with managing all the Brothers YZ and participating in the baptism ceremony to get good pictures. At least, you can see Henry's adorable outfit in the picture above. Henry cooperated very well with his baptism, and Evan impressed all with his knowledge of baptism answering the priest's question about the first baptism correctly.

A little tidbit from the baptism that I haven't had a chance to share with anyone...Evan and I (and a young girl from the church) noticed a ladybug crawling on the top of the baptismal font. The little girl rescued it and held it for the rest of the service. Some readers will know that my dear Nana who died many years ago was very fond of ladybugs, and I felt her presence more than I usually do at the baptism. I think that she didn't want to miss the special day.

After the baptism, we were all treated to a delicious lunch at Gemborys residence in Shrewsbury. Liam spent most of the time upstairs napping, but Evan and Henry had plenty of time to pal around.

No comments: