Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Big Morning

Sometimes it's amazing what can be accomplished in two hours. This morning both boys had a doctor's appointment at 9:30 AM. It was Liam's two year old check up where he weighed in at 31 lbs. and measured 33.5 inches. He is the picture of good health and developmental progress according to his pediatrician and mother. His only problem, the double ear infection, is starting to clear up. Evan was at the doctor's to receive his immunizations for kindergarten--a whooping four shots. He does not think that he was very brave, because he cried, but I thought otherwise. We also found out that Evan only weighes 3 lbs. more than Liam when he hopped onto the scale to show Liam how it is done.

While we were at the doctor's office, Lowe's came to install carpet in our living room. I'll have to post a picture of the results once I get the toys and small furniture back into the room. By the time I got back from the doctor's office, they were almost done with the job except for moving the big furniture back into the room. (It looks great!)

So I used that window of time to drop the boys off for a playdate at the Swayzes and run over to the elementary school to register Evan for kindergarten. It was the first time I had ever been inside Davis Hill Elementary School, and it is really impressive inside. All of Evan's paperwork was fine so he is officially registered to start kindergarten in the fall. Now we just have to wait for the lottery for full day kindergarten to begin and hope we get lucky.

When I arrived back home at 11:00 AM, the carpet installers were waiting for me to sign the paperwork and go on to their next job. I'm not sure when I've ever had this productive of a morning. I think we'll celebrate with a trip out for lunch after the playdate.

No comments: