Monday, February 16, 2009

Chuck E. Cheese


Last night we continued our vacation mode by accepting a neighbor's invitation to go to Chuck E. Cheese. We had never been to this parental nightmare of mediocre food and sensory overload, but Evan has been asking to go after hearing about it from other kids at school and seeing advertisements for it on PBS. He has told me on more than one occasion, "I want to go where a kid can be a kid." I guess this trip to Chuck E. Cheese's was Mommy and Daddy's payback for the nice dinner at India over the weekend. At least, I got to delay going to the grocery store for one more day. Chuck E. Cheese was as insane as I imagined it would be, but at least, it is not overly expensive. The Brothers YZ behaved very well. It didn't take Liam long to figure out how the tokens work, and at one point, he grabbed one out of the cup and headed to his favorite ride--Bob the Builder's bull-bo. He had already climbed aboard and was trying to get the token in the slot when I caught up to him.

No comments: