Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Liam's Growing Vocabulary

After months of worrying about and waiting for Liam's first words, he has hit a verbal explosion adding several new words a day. Soon I'll have to add a column for Liam's vocabulary to capture some his cute verbal inventions. My favorite word of Liam's is "by-berry" which he uses to refer to both strawberries and the library. When he passes the Holden library, he always shouts out, "Bye, bye by-berry!" How cute is that? His other favorite thing to do in the car is to spot gold Toyota Camrys and yell "Nana's car, Nana's car!" Sometimes he seems angry that the person in the car (who he thinks is Nana) is not rolling down the window to say hello. He has also picked up on Evan's little nickname for him, "Liam Be-Umm," and he will point to pictures of himself and say this nickname. And, I continue to be impressed with Liam's manners. He is especially good at saying, "Thank you." Tonight he even said, "Thank you, Mommy," after I said "God bless you." Now if we could get him to say Evan's name rather calling him "Yah-Um."

No comments: