Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sterling Fair


On Sunday, Evan and I visited the Sterling Fair. Greg was still out of commission, and I didn't feel up to taking both Brothers YZ solo to an unfamiliar event. It was a good thing that I only took Evan. Liam would have loved to see the animals, but he would have gotten tired of sitting in the stroller while Evan went on rides.

The Sterling Fair takes place on the grounds of a small airport and draws a big crowd. Evan was disappointed that his two pennies that he had found over the weekend (one penny at the Bagel Inn and one penny at church, Uncle Brian) would not cover the cost of the helicopter ride. He did convince me to take him on the ferris wheel pictured here. It was a gondola-style ferris wheel so he couldn't slip out. He also tried more kiddy-style rides, and together we rode a rockin' and twistin' tug boat. In the tug boat, he insisted on putting his arms over his head like the big girls next to us, and he insisted that I take my hands off him.

Less expensive than these rickety carnival rides (free, actually) were a large assortment of farm animals that had been judged in an earlier competition. Evan was a little upset by the small cages that housed the bunnies, but he enjoyed getting close to the cows, donkeys, pigs, and goats. This picture is for you, Nana!


No comments: