Thursday, September 18, 2008

Bored at Four

It's hard to believe, but Evan has already started telling me that he is "bored." I thought I would have at least two more years before I started hearing this complaint. I'm not sure how much he grasps the concept of boredom. He cannot provide a definition when asked, but he does seem to use the word in the right context.

Right now the main thing that he is bored with is our house. A few nights ago he was hysterical that we refused to sell the house for $3.83. (That was a price sticker that he got off of a Wal-Mart t-shirt. He insisted on sticking it on our front window so that others would know that the Pioneer House was on the market.) He was tearfully insisting that we sell our house and move in with the Swayzes on Upper Winthrop Lane. He wanted to start packing that night. He was sure that his boredom would disappear if the Swayzes and McGurins merged into some kind of bizarre Brady Bunch.

What will he be bored with next?

1 comment:

kestrelia said...

Did you use this line -

"Hey, if you're bored I've got work for you to do around the house."

or -

"Bored!? I wish I was."