Lately Evan has been showing an increased interest in and awareness of God. I'm not sure exactly how it happened, but I think it may be related to my response to some of the unanswerable questions of an almost 4 year old with, "Because God made it that way." Evan often requests nighttime stories from the children's bible and especially likes the more disturbing stories involving fire. One day he asked me, "Did God live millions of years ago like the dinosaurs?" That was the first time that I tried to explain the concept of God to Evan. He seemed to like the idea of a father so high in the sky that he could watch over everyone on earth. So much for the gender neutralization of God encouraged by the Sisters of St. Joseph! After reading his Goodnight Prayer book, he offered his first prayer, not encouraged by me. He said in a serious tone,
Good night God.
Thank you for my day with daddy at Mickle Donalds where I got a car with a number on the top not the sides.
Good night God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment