Monday, April 7, 2008
Duck Day
Evan went on his first field trip today for "Duck Day" at Assumption College whic his across the street from St. Mary's. When I signed the permission slip, I have to admit that I really did not know what the field trip was about. The preschool director assured the parents that the Director of Security would take the children across the busy street so I wasn't worried. By adult standards, Duck Day turned out to be a simple affair of walking to a pond on the college campus to feed the ducks, but by preschool standards, it was a grand day out. Evan described a hike through the woods past his favorite playground to a pond where the children were given bread or muffins to feed to the ducks. Evan didn't understand why he got a muffin instead of bread and said, "I ate the top of the muffin [reminiscent of a Seinfield episode] and gave the bottom to the ducks." According to Evan, only one of the children heard the ducks quack. The highlight of Duck Day for Evan was holding the big boy teacher's hand on the way to the pond. Tiffany, the young lady who teaches the four year olds, is one of Evan's two girlfriends, and he cherishes every moment that he spends in her big boy room. Girlfriends and ducks--what more could a three year old want from a field trip?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment