His first camp was at Broad Meadow Brook Wildlife Sanctuary in Worcester. It is part of the Massachusetts Audubon Society. I wasn't sure what to expect of this camp. Evan didn't know anyone else going there, and he had never been to a full day camp before. But, the camp came highly recommended by a friend at work, the price was right, and the location was convenient.
Evan loved it! He spent 2 weeeks hiking, catching frogs, crayfishing, building gnome homes, learning about nature, doing crafts, and playing games led by a wonderful group of counselors who all had nicknames from nature. His counselors were Coral, Moth, and Pickeral. He met some nice friends. He came home every day filthy, tired, and starving. We got our money's worth.
Evan was sad to see the camp end. I would have signed him up for more sessions if I had known he would like it so much. Now it is on to Literary Art Adventures at the Dawson School.
No comments:
Post a Comment