Sunday, October 31, 2010

One Fabulous Halloween




We have a had a fabulous Halloween weekend. The boyz have basically stayed in their costumes for the last 36 hours.
Yesterday Evan and I spent the afternoon carving our pumpkins--a witch (designed completely by Evan)Princess Leia, and R2D2. In the evening, we headed to our neighbor's house for a party where both Evans and Liam spent the evening chasing each other around with light sabers and watching Return of the Jedi. Even Greg and I got dressed up. I wore a fairy costume that I put together with items from the dollar store, and Greg crafted a knight costume with Evan's costume for 2 years ago and some of my make-up. We were a sight!
Today we started out the day at church where the boyz were allowed to wear their costumes to attend a Halloween carnival put on by the youth carnival after service. Liam had fun paling around with a friend and fellow Buzz Lightyear. Liam was selected to bring up the offering. I was concerned about how that would go, because Liam has been hesitant to give his own offering stating I would rather buy something at Target. This attitude is in contrast to his otherwise pious behavior at church where he cutely prays alound while flipping through the Book of Common Prayer.
In the afternoon, we hosted a pre-trick or treating party for the neighborhood kids in an attempt to delay trick-or-treating until dusk. One of the dads organized the games. Another neighbor brought over fun food for the kids. I made the grown up food--turkey chili, cornbread and butternut squash soup. It was lots of fun even if it was still light and extremely cold for trick-or-treating.
I just wish we didn't have to go back to work/school tomorrow. I'm going to need the sugar rush of the Halloween candy to power me through the afternoon.



No comments: