Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Road Trip

This past weekend we took our first real road trip with the Brothers YZ. We drove about six hours to visit our good friends the Frangiones in Mount Laurel, New Jersey. We had a great time. Evan was relieved to find out that people in NJ speak the same language as he does.

I was a little nervous about how the boys would do on a trip of this length, and I spent a lot of time thinking about what to pack to keep them entertain. Along with the portable DVD player (thank you, Aunt Sheila), I put together individual baskets with things to do. Of course, they broke into these baskets before we even left the driveway. The brothers still did amazingly well on the journey with only about a half hour of arguing and whining on each leg. On the trip there, we actually used the DVD player for a mere 45 minutes.

While we were in NJ, I had a chance to go to an informal CHC reunion at a bar in Fort Washington with Amy, Bridget, Lisa, and Marlo! The boys and Greg had a guys night in Mount Laurel. Amy decided to let Jimmy play hooky, and we went to a wonderful nature area called PAWS where the boys could see farm animals, "hike" on paths, and play on all kids of structures.
The road trip went so well that I am already starting to plan another.

No comments: