Evan started skating lessons against his will a few weeks ago. While he has expressed a real interest in skating, he told me that he did not want to take lessons. I figured that I could fool him into thinking that he was just going skating. No such luck! While it has been a struggle to get him out the door for the lessons, he has been a very good sport once he gets to the rink, and he seems to improve as the class goes on. He is starting to glide rather than stagger and learned how to get up after a fall on his own. Now if I could get him to get his coat out of his mouth... He is looking forward to getting his own skates and going skating with Greg. I just don't want him to like skating too much. I have no desire to be a hockey mom. Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Evan Hits the Ice
Evan started skating lessons against his will a few weeks ago. While he has expressed a real interest in skating, he told me that he did not want to take lessons. I figured that I could fool him into thinking that he was just going skating. No such luck! While it has been a struggle to get him out the door for the lessons, he has been a very good sport once he gets to the rink, and he seems to improve as the class goes on. He is starting to glide rather than stagger and learned how to get up after a fall on his own. Now if I could get him to get his coat out of his mouth... He is looking forward to getting his own skates and going skating with Greg. I just don't want him to like skating too much. I have no desire to be a hockey mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment