Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Artist (s)


Over Christmas and February vacation, Evan has been taking art classes at the Worcester Art Museum. He has taken classes in mural painting, finger puppets, and clay carving. These two hours classes are great, as they involve both time in the museum getting inspiration and time in the studio creating. In the above picture, Evan is showing his"Cat O Lion" that he made in Carving Stories class. It was really quite advanced the way that he sketched it out first and attached the wings with sticks. Clearly, he was inspired by the mythical creatures that he saw in the museum. Unfortunately, "Cat O Lion" has not held up well and needed to be tossed tonight. At least, I got a picture of it.
In the photo, Evan is also modeling two of my knitting creations--his hat and scarf. I have become a bit addicted to knitting over the last few months especially to the beautiful yarn and bamboo needles that I can buy at Holden's Sheep Shack. You can expect your own Nicole original next holiday.

No comments: