Sunday, May 3, 2009

To the Rescue!


The Brothers YZ are all about rescue, i.e. firefighters, police, and ambulances, so it is time for a rescue-themed blog. Evan has been obsessed with firefighters since he could express any interest in toys. I'm not sure from where this interest came, but it shows no signs of flagging and is apparently contagious. One of Liam's first words was "fire truck."
Above is Evan's rendering of a helicopter rescue of a baby lost at sea. Of course, I think that his drawing becomes more impressive all the time. What I found interesting about this drawing was that he sketched out the drawing before coloring it. I have never seen him do that before.
Along the rescue theme, Evan asked me the most dear question on Friday, "Are Liam and me pure-hearted?" When I replied that they were, he said "Good. Then we can be firefighters someday. If you're not pure-hearted, you have to be something else. That's what the video said." I'm not sure what video to which he is referring, but it certainly made an impression.

No comments: