We have a busy and fun Memorial Day. It started bright and early with a trip to Boylston where I was running a 5K road race. This was my first road race since I was pregnant with Evan. I was excited to finish the course in a faster time than I ran a 5K in my pre-Mommy days. Maybe all of that chasing down the boys and lifting 35 lbs lbs has kept me in better shape than I thought.
After the race, the Brothers YZ enjoyed some time in the bouncy room on the common. It was Liam's first time in such an apparatus, but with his big brother's help, he quickly learned the ropes. It was so nice to see Evan "protecting
" his brother for a change. As you can see in the video, they loved going down the short slide hand-in-hand to the "oohs" of the crowd.
" his brother for a change. As you can see in the video, they loved going down the short slide hand-in-hand to the "oohs" of the crowd.Somehow we managed to get them out of that bouncy room so that we could head back to Holden in time for the shortest and longest parade. Let me explain. The Holden Memorial Day Parade consists of the town's veterans, about 20 of whom march and 8 ride in cars, our State Rep. Lew Evangeledis, 3 bagpipers and a drummer, and the Cub Scouts and Brownies. It takes about 5 minutes to watch the parade pass, but the parade takes an extremely long route to visit 3 cemeteries and a war memorial.
After the parade, we had some neighbors and the g-unit over for a cookout.



No comments:
Post a Comment