
Well, our transformation to suburban parents is complete. Today we bought a mini-van. It's a 2005 Toyota Sienna LE with low mileage and lots of nice extras especially in the area of storage. Passengers in our car will actually be able to see the floor of the car instead of strollers, shopping cart covers, reusable shopping bags, etc.! As many a mommy now converted, I always said that I would never drive a mini-van, and now I can't wipe the smile off of my face as I am cruising about town in my Sienna.
The purchase of the mini-van capped off a lovely, unexpected four-day weekend for Mommy and the Brothers YZ. Our usual shared child care arrangements collapsed this week due to illnesses of the nanny and neighbors. The Brothers YZ remained in good health, and I enjoyed some extra time with them. On Thursday, we made a trip to Gardner to visit the Richard sisters with Grampa. With nothing broken or permanently stained, I'll consider the trip a success. On Friday, Cousin Henry paid a visit to one-boy nudist colony. As often happens these days, Evan got a spot of water on his outfit and took off every stitch of clothing. I won't embarass him in years to come by posting pictures of the visit. You'll just have to visit http://www.cheapgreenandhappy.blogspot.com/ to see Henry's cuteness.
Daddy finally got to join us on our mini-break on Saturday. W
ith the continuing cold temperatures, we took the Brothers YZ to a foul weater favorite, Noodle Noggin n Bean, or as Evan calls it "The Noggin House." It was Liam's first visit on two legs, and he made the most of his mobility. As you can see by his red cheek in the picture, Liam seems to have a tooth coming in, but it didn't affect his spirits. The Brothers YZ showed their gratitude for the trip to the Noggin House with some very good behavior and patience at the Toyota dealership later that day and Sunday, too.
ith the continuing cold temperatures, we took the Brothers YZ to a foul weater favorite, Noodle Noggin n Bean, or as Evan calls it "The Noggin House." It was Liam's first visit on two legs, and he made the most of his mobility. As you can see by his red cheek in the picture, Liam seems to have a tooth coming in, but it didn't affect his spirits. The Brothers YZ showed their gratitude for the trip to the Noggin House with some very good behavior and patience at the Toyota dealership later that day and Sunday, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment