
This weekend we took a day trip to Holyoke, Massachusetts to visit their children's museum. Because of the miserable weather that we have experienced the last few weekends, we were desperate for an outing that would last a good part of the day and expend lots of the energy of the Brothers YZ. The Holyoke Children's Museum did the trick! The museum was a bit shabby and messy compared to other such museums in New England, but that didn't dampen Evan and Liam's enthusiasm. Both boys loved the Cityscape exhibit that included a diner, grocery store, and kitchen. As the video clip will show when I can get it uploaded, L
iam became very adept at pushing the shopping cart. Evan spent the most time in the ambulance. I don't think he could decide which was more fun--steering the rig up front or using the defribrallator in the back. (Poor Liam had to lay on the stretcher so that Evan would have a patient.) While Liam perused the Tot Lot with Daddy, Evan and Mommy crawled in some tunnels and climbed a large sliding structure. Just when we thought our adventure was winding down, we found out that the restored carousel next to the museum was open for another 15 minutes. Evan and Mommy were able to snag two horses on the last spin of the day. I wish I had taken the camera on the carousel so that I could tape Evan riding his horse, but the still picture does a good job at capturing his serious attitude toward the ride. Giddy-up in the Pioneer Valley!
No comments:
Post a Comment