At 6 months, Liam already weighs 19 lbs. 9 oz. and measures 28 inches. Evan did not hit the 20 lb. mark until he was over 18 months old. Now 3 years old, Evan only weighs 28 lbs. and measures 36 inches. As his preschool teacher told his Papa today, Evan is so light that the other kids knock him over without trying.
This past weekend's project reminded me again about how different the growth rate of these two boys has been. It was time again to put away clothes that Liam has already outgrown and take out larger sized clothes from the Evan collection. For the most part, Liam has skipped the 9 month clothes and many of the 12 month clothes and leapt into the 18 month clothes. Sadly, I will never see Liam in some of Evan's most adorable outfits. At least, the outfits will be in great shape for my future niece or nephew, The Little G-Unit.
My project inspired me to compare the appearance and size of The Brothers YZ in pictures. This morning I decided that the best way to highlight the size difference would be to dress Liam in one of Evan's outfits of which I have a picture. Below you can see Evan at 11 months and Liam at 6 months in the same outfit:
Liam at 6 months
It's amazing how The Brothers YZ can look so different, but yet be so completely adorable.
I often wonder how alike they will look when they are older. When Liam was first born, he looked a lot like Evan as a baby to me. As Liam has grown older, he looks much more like his Papa while Evan favors his mommy. Yet from the side profile at which I spend so much time gazing as Liam nurses, I am still reminded very much about how Evan looked as a baby. I'm not sure if it is an emotional or visual connection. Time will tell.


1 comment:
Love it. E better watch out soon Liam will be knocking him down.
B
Post a Comment