Cabin #9 at the KOA Campground Bar Harbor
Greg and I exited our comfort zone this past week and fulfilled a wish of the Brothers YZ and their trusty dog, Cody. We took our first camping trip as a family. Our destination was Acadia National Park in Maine. Despite my many issues with camping, the trip was the perfect way to celebrate the end of great year at Davis Hill with the second grade teaching legend, Mrs. Vickstrom.
Evan with Mrs. V on his last day being a 2V Superstar
For those camping enthusiasts out there, our adventure was a little wimpy. Our cabin has electricity and bunks, and the campground featured wi-fi and a heated pool. Still we had to hike to the bathrooms and utility sink. I cooked our meals outdoors and even built my own fire--twice.
Cody was pleased with the accommodations. On night one, he kept Greg and me company, and night two, Liam got his wish to sleep with Cody.
Other adventures included rescuing a turtle stuck in a hole at the campground,
scrambling on the rocks and exploring pools of water near Sand Beach,
climbing the top of the North Nubble which we told the boys as the one of the Bubbles after a long pre-hike,
enjoying ice cream in Bar Harbor,
and playing with toy solidiers at the beach.
The only problem with the vacation was it was too short. I can't believe I wished I could camp for longer and am looking forward to the next camping trip. As long as it has cabins as nice the KOA Bar Harbor, of course...









No comments:
Post a Comment