Friday, June 3, 2011

Memorial Day Parade

It seems like just yesterday that I was signing up Evan for Cub Scouts, and now he has already marched in his first Memorial Day parade, one of the big scouting events of the year. This parade is a very short one for spectators. There is one band, two horses, a few cars of elderly veterans, and lots of scouts. It passes by in less than 5 minutes.

But, it is a long parade to march in visiting four cemeteries, each with its own ceremony, and a concluding ceremony at the town veterans memorial. Evan was determined to march in the entire parade which takes almost 2 hours, and he did with nary a complaint. (I marched along side him.) I was very proud of him.

Here he is waiting for the parade. Yes, the boy beside in the matching uniform is also a first grade Tiger Scout in his den.

Evan marching down Main Street.

A quick stop to pose with his admiring fans, Henry and Liam, enjoying a wild ride along the parade route courtesy of Grampa.

No comments: