Sunday, August 1, 2010

No Training Wheels!

Evan has been deadset against learning to ride a bike without training wheels. Even though all of his friends have been riding bikes since last summer, he was happy to cruise around on his scooter. When I had to replace his old bike which was broken, I bought an old bike from Craig's list without training wheels for $8 and waited for him to decide he wanted to learn.

Yesterday I casually asked him if he would like to take the bike for a spin, as I had heard that 6 years old could learn to ride a bike very easily. To my surprise, he said, "Okay." After a holding on to the back of the bike for a few seconds, he breezed down the road on his own. Stopping and starting took another day, but now he is riding like an old pro. Liam is doing very well with his training wheels, and we are very excited to hit the bike trails as a family.

No comments: