Friday, August 29, 2008

Knights of the Round Table






Today I took the Brothers YZ to the Higgins Armory Museum in Worcester. I was a little unsure of how this outing would go. Evan is a big fan of museums, but he thinks all museums are children's museums. I was a little worried about how long Liam could tolerate the confinement of the stroller and what Evan would think of the more adult-oriented museum. Well, both boys had a great time. The museum had a great room geared toward children with plenty to interest a toddler and preschooler including costumes to try on, castles to play with, and a puppet theater. Once Liam used some of his energy in the children's room, we went to a shield workshop where Evan got to decorate his own shield that you can see in the first picture. Then, we looked at main gallery of armor with which both boys were very interested. Evan is still wondering why people don't wear armor anymore. I'm having a difficult time explaining that one without getting into the brutal realities of warfare. Hopefully, he will be onto something new tomorrow. At least, we were able to leave there without one of the wooden swords from the gift shop. With that purchase, Evan would have been in time out for the entire Labor Day weekend.

No comments: