Now that I finally found my USB cable I can post about the first day of school which was earlier than ever this year, August 30th! I can't believe that my Evan is already a 2nd grader. As he said to me the night before, this is my "3rd year of big boy school." Thankfully, Liam has another year of preschool before kindergarten. I will miss the Mommy days as much as Liam will.
Evan was very excited for school to start. He didn't get the teacher of his dreams, the very pretty and fun Mrs. Sachse, but he did get the teacher of my dreams, Mrs. Vickstrom. He likes Mrs. Vicks already too. She is the only teacher at school to use a Smart Board and a favorite of many of the teenagers he knows and admires.
Here is a shot of the neighborhood gang waiting for the walking line under the Murphy's artful tree:

Liam wasn't in the mood for the group shot, as he was not as thrilled about the end of vacation as his brother. He did enjoy getting to wear his new Star Wars shirt and agreed to pose for this shot with his older brother. Unfortunately,my beautiful petunias have started to fade.
No comments:
Post a Comment