
Greg and I are committed to exposing our sons to diverse experiences, and in keeping with that mission, we hit the Spencer Fair this afternoon. I had never been to the largest fair in Central Massachusetts, but we were looking for new family fun to close out Labor Day weekend. And, a demolition derby, pig races, and humongous vegetables seemed to fit the bill.
We missed the pig races because the boys were enjoying their two over-priced rides on the carousel and truck train. ($2.50 per ride!) We underestimated the pop
ularity of the demolition derby. There was a seat to be had on the bleachers. We had to go the standing room-only section and lift the boys up on our shoulders. I'm not sure which part of the demolition derby that they enjoyed most--the cars smashing into each other, the firefighters putting out car fires, or the bulldozer cleaning up the cars.
ularity of the demolition derby. There was a seat to be had on the bleachers. We had to go the standing room-only section and lift the boys up on our shoulders. I'm not sure which part of the demolition derby that they enjoyed most--the cars smashing into each other, the firefighters putting out car fires, or the bulldozer cleaning up the cars. See if you can spot Evan and Liam as they fly by on the truck ride.

No comments:
Post a Comment